ASME B31.1 Construction
Series 3 ASME B31.1 float-actuated level switches are designed, built, and certified to the requirements of ASME B31.1 power piping codes. They are ideal for critical alarm set points in clean liquid applications.
ASME B31.3 Construction
Series 3 ASME B31.3 float and displacer-actuated level switches are designed, built, and certified to the requirements of ASME B31.3 power piping code requirements. They are ideal for critical alarm set points in clean liquid applications.
Series 3 NACE float and displacer-actuated level switches are designed, built and certified to meet NACE MRO175 and MRO103 requirements. They are ideal for alarm and control set points in sour liquid applications.
All welding is performed by qualified welders and per procedures required by the ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code Sec. IX. Carbon steel pressure boundary parts are post weld stress relieved. All welds and heat-affected zones are hardness tested to ensure compliance with NACE maximum hardness requirements.
- Models built to ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, and NACE MR0175/MR0103 construction
- 14-inch (356 mm) side/side process connections available as standard
- Service pressures up to 2240 psig (154.4 bar)
- Process temperatures up to +1000 °F (+538 °C)
- Specific gravity ratings as low as 0.33
- Choice of TYPE 4X/7/9, Group B, C & D or EEx d IIC T6 housings
- Agency approvals include FM, CSA, ATEX and SAA
- Choice of single or multiple switches for single or staged applications
- Special materials of construction available upon request
- Available with special coatings including Epoxy, Carbo Zinc® 11 Primer and Carboline Top Coat, Dimetcote® and Amercoat
The buoyancy force of a process liquid on the float or displacer causes it to move with the liquid level change. This movement positions an attraction sleeve in the field of the switch magnet, pulling the magnet toward the sleeve and actuating the switch.