Solitel® Vibrating Rod Level Switches provide reliable level detection of powders and bulk solids with densities of less than one pound per cubic foot. This compact, integral switch is suitable for high or low level detection in hoppers or silos.
Solitel® operates on the principle of detecting the dampening effect when solids are brought into contact with the vibrating rod.
Normally, SOLITEL vibrates at a frequency of approximately 350 Hz. This vibration is created by exciting the transmit piezoelectric crystal attached at the base of the outer rod. The piezoelectric crystal converts electrical energy to mechanical (vibratory) energy. Both the inner and outer rods have the same natural frequency (the frequency at which a body will vibrate freely).
- Single rod design eliminates clogging
- High temperature version up to +320° F (+160° C)
- Self-clean cycle and polished probe minimize solids buildup
- Class I, Div. 2 and Class II, Div. 1 approval
- Adjustable sensitivity allows easy calibration for various bulk densities
No application references found for this item.
The SOLITEL probe vibrates at 350 Hz. When in contact with the media, the vibration is dampened. The attenuation of the vibration is detected by the electronics, which changes the state of the relay.