Pulsar® model R86 26 GHz non-contact radar transmitter
The Pulsar® Model R86 non-contact radar level transmitter is a 24 VDC, liquid level transmitters. It has a longer measurement range, circular polarization, advanced diagnostics and is easier to use than most loop-powered radar transmitters.
Non-Contact Radar level transmitters are offered with various operating frequencies, each having their own advantages.
There are two types of Non-Contact Radar transmitters:
- Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW)
- Pulse Burst Radar
FMCW devices transmit a continuous signal with a constantly changing frequency down toward the liquid. The detected difference in frequencies between the transmitted signal and return echo is proportional to the distance.
Pulse Burst Radar transmitters, the older of the two types, emit short bursts of energy to a liquid surface, and incorporate ultra-high-speed timing circuitry to measure the time of the return signal reflected off the liquid surface. Distance is then calculated utilizing the equation:
Distance = C x Transit Time/2, (where C = Speed of Light)
- Multivariable two-wire, 24 VDC loop-powered transmitter for level, volume, or flow
- Performance not process dependent (changing specific gravity and dielectric have no effect)
- 80 GHz operating frequency offers superior performance, smaller antennas, better accuracy and enhanced resolution
- Antenna designs up to 200°C (+400 °F), -1 to 70 bar (-14.5 to 1000 psi)
- Range up to 30 meters (100 feet)
- 4-button keypad and graphic LCD allow for convenience viewing of configuration parameters and echo curve
- Proactive diagnostics advise not only what is wrong but also offer troubleshooting tips
PULSAR transmitter technology is based on pulse-burst radar technology together with equivalent time sampling circuitry. Short bursts of 26 GHz microwave energy are emitted and subsequently reflected from the liquid level surface.
|ATEX||Ex d, Ex ia|
|FM||XP, IS, NI|
|FMc||XP, IS, NI|
|IEC||Ex d, Ex ia|
|SIL||SIL 2 (1oo1)|
Other approvals are available. Consult factory for more details.
Approvals & certificates
Do you want personal advice for your specific control process?
Contact your local Magnetrol representative!
Find your local representative or contact us with any questions.