Models C24/C25, boiler, and water column liquid level switches are single- or multi-switch units that offer versatility and reliable operation in a variety of applications. Available with up to three switch mechanisms for level alarm, control, and shutdown functions, the boiler and water column controls are designed for use in steam boiler applications while the Models C24 and C25 are for general use.
A permanent magnet is attached to a pivoted switch actuator. As the float/displacer rises following the liquid level, it raises the attraction sleeve into the field of the magnet, which then snaps against the non-magnetic enclosing tube, actuating the switch. The enclosing tube provides a static pressure boundary between the switch mechanism and the process. On a falling level, the float/displacer deactivates the switch.
- Easy inspection of float chamber through removable head
- Cast iron or fabricated steel float chambers
- 316 and 316L stainless steel floats
- Brass chamber liner standard in Models B24, B25, W24 and W25
- Right or left hand water column mounting
- Process temperature to +1000º F (+540º C)
- Working steam pressure to 600 pounds
The buoyancy force of a process liquid on the float causes it to move with the liquid level change. This movement positions an attraction sleeve in the field of the switch magnet, pulling the magnet toward the sleeve and actuating the switch.