The Kotron® Model 082 transmitter is one of the most cost-effective level transmitters available today. Compact in size, it employs state-of-the-art surface mount technology in an encapsulated module for a stable, accurate measurement.
The liquid acts as an isolator between two conductors (probe and tank wall). When level rises, there is more gain of capacity into an analog or digital signal.
- 4–20 mA isolated output signal (reversed 20–4 mA output optional)
- Integral metering points to allow the local measurement of 4–20 mA loop current without breaking the two-wire circuit loop
- Power indicator LED varies in brightness with level changes
- ±0.25% repeatability
- FM and CSA listed intrinsically safe when used in conjunction with an approved barrier
- CSA explosion proof designs
- Available with a full range of rigid and flexible sensing probes to 5000 psig (345 bar) and +1000° F (+538° C
- Input voltage of 14 to 40 VDC at transmitter terminals
Kotron® RF Capacitance probes are available in many different configurations to handle a wide variety of application conditions. Generally insulated probes are used in conductive fluids (dielectric >10) and bare probes are used in non-conductive fluids (dielectric <10).
As media rises and falls in the tank, the amount of capacitance developed between the sensing probe and the ground reference also rises and falls. This change in capacitance is converted into a proportional 4-20 mA output signal.