Magnetrol’s Eclipse® Model 700 Packs Industry-Leading Technology Into Economical Design
Apr. 14, 2020 - AURORA, Ill – Magnetrol, a global leader in level and flow measurement instrumentation, has launched the Eclipse® Model 700 Guided Wave Radar (GWR) transmitter. This new level measurement solution is designed to be virtually unaffected by changing media conditions, including turbulence, foaming, boiling, and flashing.
“The Eclipse Model 700 continues our tradition of bringing innovative, high-ROI solutions to the market,” says Bob Botwinski, Sr. Global Product Manager at Magnetrol. “All Eclipse models are able to measure and control media in challenging applications with unprecedented accuracy while providing proactive diagnostics to the user.”
Proactive diagnostics, like the Model 700’s build-up detection feature, minimize maintenance costs by allowing engineers to proactively schedule shutdowns and maximize uptime.
Magnetrol pioneered loop-powered GWR transmitters for industrial liquid level applications in 1998 with its Eclipse Model 705, and the company remains the leader in application and technology expertise.
Eclipse GWR solutions, including the new Model 700, are designed to handle any level of complexity and are equipped for overfill protection through the industry-leading probe design that allows for level measurement across the entire probe length with a smaller dead zone than any competitors.
The Model 700 also features true level measurement and boasts the market’s highest signal-to-noise ratio. Together, these features enable the Model 700 to achieve direct measurement of material levels, including liquids, foams, and solids – even distinguishing between liquid and foam layers.
Eclipse Model 700 GWR Benefits + Features
- Accurate readings along the entire length of the probe without top of probe dead zones
- Minimum dielectric capability of 1.4, directly measured, without the need to infer levels via software techniques
- Reference Accuracy: ± 0.1" or 0.1% probe length, whichever is larger.
- Temperature Range: -320 to +400 °F (-196 to +200 °C)
- Process Pressure Range: Full vacuum to 6250 psi (430 bar)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- SIL 2/3 Certified
- Safe Failure Fraction (SFF) = 93% (Full FMEDA available upon request)
- Ambient Temperature Rating: -40 to +175 °F (-40 to +80 °C)
- Approved by FM, CSA IEC and ATEX for general purpose, intrinsically safe (Class 1, Div. 1, Zone 0/Zone 1), and non-incendive (Cl 1, Div. 2, Zone 2) installations
- Two-wire, 4–20 mA device operating from 11 to 36 VDC capable of driving up to a 590-ohm load at 24 VDC
- Die-cast aluminum single-compartment housing
- Optional glass window cover to allow for easy viewing of the graphic display
- Intuitive 4-button local user interface HART® 7 communication
- Internal event-driven waveform capture
- Display of echo curve, along with related data
- Time and date stamp
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Portuguese
Contact your Magnetrol sales representative for additional product information.