Pulse Burst Radar Transmitters
The Model R82 is an economical, loop-powered radar transmitter bringing radar to everyday applications. Daily applications that have been considered for Ultrasonic can now use radar technology with its superior performance. The electronics are housed in a single compartment cast aluminium or Lexan® housing. The R82 measures effectively even when atmospheres above the liquid are saturated with vapour.
Model R82 Pulse Burst Radar emits short bursts of 26 GHz energy to a liquid surface. An ultra-high-speed timing circuitry measures the time of the signal reflected off the liquid surface.
Sophisticated signal processing filters out false reflections and other background noises. The exact level is then calculated, by factoring tank height and sensor offset information.
The Model R82 circuitry is extremely energy efficient so no duty cycling is needed like with likewise radars. This allows to track high rates of level changes up to 4,5 m/minute (180"/min).
- 2-wire, intrinsically safe loop-powered
26 GHz frequency
- Fast and easy configuration via 2 x 16 character display and 4-push-button keypad
- Intuitive false target profiling
- Rotatable microwave beam for optimized operation
- Encapsulated polypropylene or Tefzel® antennas in lengths of 50 mm (2") and
200 mm (8")
- Process Temperature:
-40 °C to +93 °C (-40 °F to +200 °F)
Pressure: Vacuum to 13,8 bar (200 psi)
Dielectric: 1,7 – 100
- Open channel flow flumes and weirs
- Paint, ink and solvent tanks
- Chemical storage
- Thick and viscous media
- Food and beverage
- Batch and day tanks
- ATEX II 1 G Ex ia IIC T4, intrinsically safe
- FM Non-Incendive and I.S. (pending)